Our Summer Newsletter 2018 is now available for reading and or downloading online.
In this issue we cover:
- Paying family members: get it right – there are special rules to be considered
- New tax year, new tax plans – we look at the disposing of capital assets, making the most of your pension and using your ISA allowance
- Is it a car – or is it a van? – we discuss the advantages for an employer owned van, the definition in terms of the tax from the HMRC point of view and areas of caution.
- Keep calm and plan for the future: Brexit – we summarise what we know (as of time of printing) and what the future may hold
- Making Tax Digital (MTD) – VAT will be the first to be affected and will start from 1st April 2019 for businesses operating over the VAT threshold (currently £85,000)
- Pensions auto-enrolment: the story continues – what’s next for businesses under the Auto Enrolment regulations
- Upcoming Harts events – in September 2018 we are hosting the Ladies in Business (5th), Business Breakfast (13th) and The Business Club (19th). For further information or to book go to Events