Our monthly bulletin for September should by now have landed in your inboxes. If you haven’t seen it yet, you can read all the latest articles here (click on title for more information):
- Get ready for the new data protection rules – The government is to introduce new data protection rules under the General Data Protection Regulation which takes effect from 25 May 2018.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which took effect from 1 September 2017.
- HMRC online forum and webchat – HMRC have announced the introduction of a new online tax forum and webchat service for small businesses.
- Guidance for employers – HMRC have issued their latest guidance to employers in the August edition of the Employer Bulletin.
- Pensions Auto enrolment compliance – The Pensions Regulator has begun carrying out employer spot checks to make sure employers are complying with their automatic enrolment duties and that they are giving their staff the workplace pensions they’re entitled to.
- Auto enrolment for new employers – Under pensions auto enrolment employers have to enrol qualifying employees into a workplace pension.
- Childcare services compensation – The government are offering compensation to those who have been affected by problems with the implementation of Tax-Free Childcare.