Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us on 01625 669669 if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Making Tax Digital for VAT – The government have issued information on how Making Tax Digital for Business (MTDfB) is expected to work for VAT once the rules are introduced in April 2019.
- Budget on Wednesday 22 November and 14 December – Chancellor Philip Hammond has announced that he will deliver the Autumn Budget on 22 November. Finance Secretary Derek Mackay has confirmed the Scottish Draft Budget will be published on 14 December.
- Deadline for ‘paper’ self assessment tax returns – For those individuals who have previously submitted ‘paper’ self assessment tax returns the deadline for the 2016/17 return is 31 October 2017.
- HMRC offer tax support to growing businesses – HMRC have announced the introduction of a new service to directly help mid-sized businesses as they expand and grow.
- Trusts Registration Service – HMRC have launched a new Trusts Registration Service, so that trustees can register their trust online and provide information on the beneficial owners of the trust.
- HMRC phishing and scam advice – HMRC have updated their list of examples of websites, emails, letters, text messages and phone calls used by scammers and fraudsters to obtain individual’s personal information.