In our monthly bulletin we summarise the latest Tax and Business advice and changes to keep you informed.
Click on the headings for further information and if you would like to discuss any of the points raised, call us on 01625 669669.
- Interest rates rise – The Bank of England has raised interest rates from 0.25% to 0.5%, the first rate rise in ten years.
- Autumn Budget wishlist – With the Chancellor’s first Autumn Budget due to be presented on 22 November, professional bodies and business groups are setting out their Budget wishlists.
- Simple Assessment – HMRC have changed the way in which they will assess some taxpayers removing the need for these individuals to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return.
- Welsh Land Transaction Tax – The Welsh Assembly has announced the proposed rates and bands for land transaction tax which is to be introduced for land and property in Wales on 1 April 2018, replacing Stamp Duty Land Tax.
- Scottish Budget proposals – On 14 December, the Scottish Budget will set out the Scottish Government’s financial and tax plans.
- Criminal Finances Act – The Criminal Finances Act 2017 took effect on 30 September 2017.
- Help to Save Accounts – The government have announced details of a new Help to Save saving scheme.
- New guidance for employers – HMRC have issued the October 2017 Employer Bulletin which contains a number of articles relevant to employers on payroll related issues.