Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
Click on each headline for more information.
- Tribunal rules BBC journalist is caught by ‘IR35’ legislation – A First Tier Tribunal has ruled that a presenter paid via a personal service company was caught by the IR35 rules resulting in additional tax and national insurance contributions being payable.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which take effect from 1 March 2018.
- Scotland’s five income tax bands and tax relief for pensions – Following the announcement of new income tax rates for Scottish taxpayers for 2018/19, the government is looking at ways of addressing the issue of the tax relief due on Scottish taxpayers’ pension contributions.
- Minimum Wage increases – The National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage are the legal minimum wage rates that must be paid to employees.
Pensions Auto Enrolment reaches a million employers
- The Pensions Regulator has announced that the number of employers meeting their workplace pension duties has reached one million and that statistics show that approximately 9.3 million people are saving into a pension.
- Year end tax planning – With the end of the tax year looming there is still time to save tax for 2017/18. We have set out some points you may want to consider.
If you have any questions on any of the issues covered, contact us on 01625 669669