The Harts monthly newswire has been designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Click on titles to read the full article(s) and if you have any questions on any of the points raised, contact us to discuss.
- New timetable for Making Tax Digital – The government has announced a revised timetable for the introduction of Making Tax Digital for Business (MTDfB).
- Taylor Review of employment practices – The long awaited Taylor Review of employment practices suggests that a national strategy is needed to help provide security in such areas as wages, quality of employment, education and training, working conditions, work life balance and the ability to progress at work.
- Automatic enrolment reaches 8 million – The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has confirmed than eight million employees have signed up for a workplace pension since the launch of automatic enrolment.
- Latest labour market statistics – The latest labour market statistics for the period March to May 2017 showed a 175,000 rise in employment and 64,000 fall in unemployment.
- HMRC genuine and phishing/bogus emails and calls – HMRC have issued an update of their guidance on how to recognise genuine HMRC contact be it via email or text.
- Charities bound by new Fundraising Preference Service – A new service is now available for individuals who want to limit the contact they receive from charities.