Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Remember, we’re here to help.
- OTS calls for simplifying everyday tax for smaller businesses – A report by the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) calls on the government to prioritise action to ‘address long-standing concerns about the experience of smaller businesses’. Read more
- HMRC taskforce tackles dishonest dog breeders – A taskforce has recovered more than £5 million by tackling dishonest dog breeders selling pups on the black market. Read more
- Forms P11D – reporting employee benefits – The forms P11D which report details of benefits and some expenses provided to employees and directors for the year ended 5 April 2019, are due for submission to HMRC by 6 July 2019. Read more
- Welsh taxpayers income tax code mix-up – From April 2019, Welsh taxpayers were assigned new income tax codes beginning with the letter ‘C’. Read more
- Consultation on Companies House reforms – The government has launched a consultation on proposed reforms at Companies House, including a ‘major upgrade’ of its register. Read more
- Consultation on ancillary capital gains reliefs – A capital gains tax exemption applies when an individual disposes of a dwelling that has been used as their only or main residence under the Private Residence Relief rules. Read more
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which take effect from 1 June 2019. Read more
- Non-compliance with minimum wage regulations – A recent Low Pay Commission report sets out its findings on the number of people being paid less than the statutory minimum wages. Read more