Welcome to the first monthly bulletin of 2018, in this issue we look at (click on titles for links):
- Scottish Draft Budget– Finance Secretary Derek Mackay delivered the 2018/19 Scottish Draft Budget on Thursday 14 December 2017 setting out the Scottish government’s financial and tax plans.
- Land and Buildings Transaction Tax and First-Time Buyer Relief – The Scottish government announced that they will introduce a new Land and Buildings Transaction Tax relief for first-time buyers.
- Welsh Land Transaction Tax – The Welsh Parliament have announced changes to proposed rates and bands for Land Transaction Tax which is to be introduced in Wales from 1 April 2017.
- Proposals to extend pensions auto enrolment to younger workers – The government has announced proposals to extend pensions auto enrolment to include younger workers and to amend the way in which contributions are calculated.
- Paying HMRC? – Not at the post office or by credit card – With many individuals having tax payments to make at the end of this month it is important to be aware that HMRC have announced that they will no longer accept payments made at the Post Office or by credit card.
- HMRC warning about iTunes gift card scam – HMRC are urging people to stay safe from a phone scam that is conning elderly and vulnerable people out of thousands of pounds.
If you have any queries about the topics covered, please call us on 01625 669669