Welcome to our January monthly briefing designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help. Click title for more information on each.
- Scottish Budget 2018 income tax changes – Finance Secretary Derek Mackay delivered the 2019/20 Scottish Draft Budget on Wednesday 12 December 2018 setting out the Scottish government’s financial and tax plans.
- Scottish Budget 2018 property tax changes – In the 2019/20 Scottish Draft Budget, Derek Mackay announced changes to Scottish Land and Buildings Transaction Tax.
- HMRC reminder to employees to claim their tax deductible expenses – HMRC is reminding employees that they may be able to claim a tax rebate on their work related expenses.
- Pension contribution increases ahead – The Pensions Regulator is reminding employers about the workplace pension contribution increases from 6 April 2019.
- HMRC publish details of deliberate tax defaulters – HMRC have updated the list of deliberate tax defaulters.
- Self assessment deadline approaching – The deadline for submitting your 2017/18 self assessment return is 31 January 2019.