Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Click on heading for more details on each
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Chancellor announces Budget date – Chancellor Sajid Javid has announced that he will deliver the 2020 Budget on Wednesday 11 March 2020.
- Minimum wage rates announced – The government has announced the largest increase since the National Living Wage was introduced two decades ago.
- Review of the Disguised Remuneration Loan Charge – The government has announced it will make a number of changes to the loan charge rules.
- Chancellor commits to review of IR35 – The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced that the major review of all aspects of self-employment will include the proposed extension of the Off-Payroll working rules to the private sector.
- Retiring clinicians payments – The Secretary of State has confirmed that the commitments being entered into, to make payments to clinicians affected by annual allowance pension tax, will be honoured when clinicians retire.
- Guidance on Structures and Buildings Allowance – The latest HMRC Agent Update includes guidance on the Structures and Buildings Allowance (SBA).
- Call for review of High Income Child Benefit Charge – The Low Incomes Tax Reform Group is calling on the government to address issues with the High Income Child Benefit Charge.
- Self assessment deadline approaching – The deadline for submitting your 2018/19 self assessment return is 31 January 2020.
- Current list of deliberate tax defaulters – HMRC publishes details of deliberate tax defaulters.
- Welsh government publishes Draft Budget – The Welsh government has published its Draft Budget.