In the latest monthly newswire, we look at:
- General Election and Tax Law – with the announcement of a snap General Election on 8th June, the time available for scrutinising proposed legislation is short so the Finance Act was rushed through Parliament.
- Business response to General Election on 8th June – Carolyn Fairbairn, CBI Director-General, has commented on the upcoming General Election.
- Off payroll working in the public sector rules amended – From 6 April 2017, new tax rules were introduced which potentially affect individuals who provide their personal services via their own companies (PSCs) to an organisation which has been classified as a ‘public authority’
- Tax-Free Childcare rolled out – the new government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare, launched on 28 April 2017.
- VAT fuel scale charges – HMRC have issued details of the updated VAT fuel scale charges which apply from the beginning of the next prescribed VAT accounting period starting on or after 1 May 2017.
- Investment Bond launched – National Savings and Investments (NS&I) has recently launched a government-backed Investment Bond.
- Changes to the PAYE Tax system using Real Time Information – HMRC have announced that from the end of May 2017 they will be using Real Time Information to make adjustments to employee tax codes in-year as and when the need arises.
For further information on any of the articles or to discuss in more detail, contact Harts on 01625 669669