The February issue of the Harts Business and Tax news is now available. Designed to keep you informed of the latest information.
Click the headings for the full story and if you have any questions, please contact, we’re here to help.
- Pay the NMW – no excuses – The government has revealed ten of the most bizarre excuses used by unscrupulous business owners who have been found to have underpaid workers the NMW.
- Landlords to receive less tax relief on interest – In a change that will impact residential landlords, the amount of income tax relief available on residential property finance costs will be restricted to the basic rate of income tax.
- More silly taxpayer excuses from HMRC – HMRC have released more unusual excuses from taxpayers who failed to complete their self assessment tax return on time.
- Tax cheats – HMRC’s criminal case highlights of 2016. HMRC have revealed their top ten most significant fraud and organised crime cases of the last year
- Tax helpline for people affected by severe weather and flooding – HMRC have made available a telephone helpline for anyone affected by severe weather or floods.
- Pensions enrolment – The Department for Work and Pensions has confirmed the thresholds for pensions automatic enrolment for 2017/18