Welcome to our February newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- HMRC rejected Self Assessment expenses and excuses – HMRC have released the latest list of imaginative excuses made by individuals who failed to submit their self assessment return by 31 January deadline in 2017. Click here for the full story
- Tax-free childcare roll out – The implementation of Tax-Free Childcare, the new government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare, is being rolled out to eligible parents in stages. Click here for the full story
- HMRC halts thousands of scam text messages – HMRC have announced that they have stopped thousands of taxpayers from receiving scam text messages ‘with 90 percent of the most convincing texts now halted before they reach their phones’. Click here for the full story
- Updated list of professional subscriptions – Employees are allowed to claim tax relief on their annual professional fees or subscriptions to some HMRC approved professional organisations. Click here for the full story
- What will the Spring Statement bring? – We had two Budgets in 2017 and the Spring Statement is planned for Tuesday 13 March. Click here for the full story
- Scotland revise income tax bands – Derek Mackay, Scottish Finance Secretary, has made a change to the proposed Scottish income tax bands for 2018/19. Click here for the full story