“Forensic” means belonging to a court of law. A forensic accountant is someone who assists lawyers and other non-accounting experts with specialist aspects of legal problems, for example by appearing as an expert witness in court.
Harts forensic accountants have considerable experience in a wide range of general accounting aspects together with many years’ experience in forensic accounting, including giving expert evidence in court. Our particular skill is to draw on that experience to assist in solving your problem.
The range of forensic work we undertake includes the following:
- Matrimonial proceedings
- Commercial claims or disputes
- Fraud and other investigations
- Business and share valuations
- Tax implications of divorce
- Assessment of loss of profits
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Investigating suspected fraud
- Criminal defence work
- Investigations by regulatory authorities, for example tax or VAT investigations
We provide an independent opinion, giving you a realistic view of the matter and we work closely with you and your other advisors, such as your solicitor.Click here to view the forensic accounting team Contact us for more information about our forensic accounting services