Welcome to the September issue of our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Click on the title for more details.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- HMRC warning: time to declare offshore assets – HMRC is warning that taxpayers could face penalties if they fail to declare their income on foreign assets before new ‘Requirement to Correct’ legislation comes into force.
- Stamp duty cut – According to the latest statistics 121,500 first-time buyers have saved a total of £284 million.
- Software suppliers – Making Tax Digital for VAT – HMRC is working with more than 150 software suppliers who have said they will provide software for Making Tax Digital for VAT (MTDfV) in time for April 2019.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which take effect from 1 September 2018.
- HMRC latest guidance for employers – HMRC has published the latest edition of the Employer Bulletin.
- ‘No deal’ Brexit guidance – The government has issued some ‘no deal’ Brexit technical notices, with the aim of helping both businesses and individuals to prepare in the event of a UK-EU agreement not being realised.