Welcome to the July Newswire; our monthly bulletin designed to keep you, our clients informed of the latest business and tax issues that would either potentially affect you or your business, or may just be of interest.
Click on the title in blue for more information on each section point (a new window will open for each)
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Tax gap remains low – HMRC has published a report showing the UK tax gap in 2017/18.
- Preparing the workforce for EU Exit – over two thirds of EU citizens currently in the UK are here for work.
- MTD for VAT latest – HMRC is phasing in the landmark Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime, which will ultimately require taxpayers to move to a fully digital tax system
- Employer Bulletin – in their latest guidance, the HMRC has issued the June 2019 edition of their Employer Bulletin
- New measures to ensure small businesses get paid on time – the government has announced a package of measures to ensure small businesses get paid on time.
- Payment on account confusion – Under self assessment taxpayers are required to make payments on account of their tax liabilities.
- UK Investment Support Directory – International investors who wish to set up and expand their operations in the UK can now benefit from an online tool launched by the Department for International Trade (DIT).
- Consultation on the operation of Insurance Premium Tax – HMRC has launched a consultation to review the extent to which the emerging practices are leading to ‘unfair tax outcomes’ in the administration and collection of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT).
For further information or to discuss any element of the July Newswire bulletin, then please do contact us on 01625 669669
ps you may also be interested to see our list of upcoming Events