Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues. Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help.
- Making sure gifts to employees are tax-free – Some employers may wish to give a small gift to their employees.
- Advisory fuel rates for company cars – New company car advisory fuel rates have been published which took effect from 1 December 2019.
- HMRC offers tips on avoiding Self Assessment tax scams – HMRC is giving information to taxpayers to help them avoid scams ahead of the Self Assessment deadline.
- Check employment status for tax tool update – HMRC has issued an update to the Check employment status tool (CEST).
- Temporary pensions tax arrangement for NHS staff – The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care has agreed to a temporary commitment to make payments to certain clinical staff outside of the NHS pension schemes to restore the value of their pension benefits package.
- HMRC issues guidance on cryptoassets – HMRC has published guidance for people who hold cryptoassets.
- Latest guidance for employers – HMRC has issued the latest Employer Bulletin.
- Research and Development spend – The Office for National Statistics has revealed what UK businesses spent on Research and Development in 2018.
For help and support or to discuss any of the above, contact us