Welcome to the April monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help. Click on the headline for the full news article.
- GDPR – New data protection rules from General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will replace the Data Protection Act in the UK from 25 May 2018.
- Employer-Supported Childcare gets a reprieve – Many employers help employees with childcare costs, often by providing childcare vouchers by way of salary sacrifice.
- Making Tax Digital for VAT from April 2019 – The regulations to bring into force Making Tax Digital for VAT (MTDfV) are now law.
- Welsh Land Transaction Tax introduced – From 1 April 2018, Land Transaction Tax (LTT) will replace Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT).
- Income tax changes from 6 April 2018 – The new tax year will bring in new income tax rates and allowances.
- Update for employers and their employees – HMRC’s latest Employer Bulletin includes useful updates for employers as we approach the start on the new tax year.
- Spring Statement announces consultations – Chancellor Philip Hammond delivered his Spring Statement on Tuesday 13 March 2018.
To discuss any of these in more detail, call us on 01625 669669