Welcome to our April monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help you
- MTD for VAT – HMRC is phasing in its landmark Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime.
- Reporting Benefits in Kind – Forms P11D – The forms P11D which report details of benefits and some expenses provided to employees and directors for the year ended 5 April 2019, are due for submission to HMRC by 6 July 2019.
- Additional Brexit advisory documents for small businesses – The government has published additional documents containing advice on Brexit for UK small businesses.
- Delay to rise in probate fees – The government has delayed its planned increase in probate fees indefinitely.
- Uhpdate on Structures and Buildings Allowance – Chancellor Philip Hammond delivered the Spring Statement on Wednesday 13 March 2019 amidst all the Brexit debates.
- Call for tax on social media businesses – A group of MPs has called on the government to tax the profits of social media businesses.
- Changes to income tax for 2019/20 – The new tax year brings changes to income tax bands and allowances.
- HMRC wins disguised remuneration avoidance case – HMRC has won a legal case over a contractor loan scheme endorsed by Hyrax Resourcing Ltd.