Welcome to our monthly newswire designed to keep you informed of the latest business and tax issues.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we’re here to help
- MTD for VAT – HMRC is phasing in its landmark Making Tax Digital (MTD) regime.
- Reporting Benefits in Kind – Forms P11D – The forms P11D which report details of benefits and some expenses provided to employees and directors for the year ended 5 April 2019, are due for submission to HMRC by 6 July 2019.
- Additional Brexit advisory documents for small businesses – The government has published additional documents containing advice on Brexit for UK small businesses.
- Delay to rise in probate fees – The government has delayed its planned increase in probate fees indefinitely.
- Uhpdate on Structures and Buildings Allowance – Chancellor Philip Hammond delivered the Spring Statement on Wednesday 13 March 2019 amidst all the Brexit debates.
- Call for tax on social media businesses – A group of MPs has called on the government to tax the profits of social media businesses.
- Changes to income tax for 2019/20 – The new tax year brings changes to income tax bands and allowances.
- HMRC wins disguised remuneration avoidance case – HMRC has won a legal case over a contractor loan scheme endorsed by Hyrax Resourcing Ltd.